Rare Books: A Glossary
The following works were consulted in the preparation of this glossary:
- Baker, Cathleen A. From the Hand to the Machine: Nineteenth-Century American Paper and Mediums: Technologies, Materials, and Conservation. Ann Arbor, MI: The Legacy Press, 2014.
- Berry, W. Turner, and H. Edmund Poole. Annals of Printing: A Chronological Encyclopaedia. London: Blandford Press, 1966.
- Bowers, Fredson. Principles of Bibliographical Description. New Castle, DE: Oak Knoll Press, 2012.
- Carter, John, and Nicolas Barker. ABC for Book Collectors, 8th edition. New Castle, DE: Oak Knoll Press, 2010.
- Clair, Colin. A Chronology of Printing. New York and Washington: Frederick A. Praeger, Publishers 1969.
- Gaskell, Philip. A New Introduction to Bibliography. New Castle, DE: Oak Knoll Press, 2009.
- Greenfield, Jane. ABC of Bookbinding. New Castle, DE: Oak Knoll Press, 1998.
- Roberts, Matt T. and Don Etherington. Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books: A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology.
- Suarez, Michael F., S.J., and H. R. Woudhuysen, eds. The Book: A Global History. New York: Oxford University Press, 2013.