Sara Williams: How was School?
In the series, “How Was School?” I documented rural high school students of varying ages in Higbee, MO. I was allowed to photograph throughout Higbee High School for over 4 months, gathering participants and soliciting their responses to the question; “How has high school shaped you?” Inspired by my own institutional struggles and my younger brother’s recent entrance into high school, the portrait subjects and their texts illuminate the hopes, anxieties, and emotions of modern youth
About the Project
- Title of Work: How was School?
- Medium: 12 x 12 photographs in 18 inch frames
- Student's Name: Sara Williams
- Major: Journalism (Convergence Journalism)
- Anticipated Graduation Date: May 2022
- Hometown: Wyckoff, New Jersey, United States
- Student's Mentor: Joe Johnson
- Mentor's Department: Visual Studies