Darreon Carbin: Undiagnosed
Undiagnosed is a series of self-portraits that explores my journey with mental health struggles. With this project, I wanted to provide visual representations of my feelings living with depression and social anxiety. During the fall semester of 2021, I struggled the hardest with my mental health and I decided to use art to heal myself and express my feelings.
With the state of the world and a global pandemic, it is important to take care of oneself and make mental health a priority. Many students may have felt or feel the same way as I and struggle alone. With this project, I hope to make the topic of mental health less taboo, bring awareness to things like depression and anxiety, and inspire artistic outlets.
About the Project
- Title of Work: Undiagnosed
- Medium: four 28' x 42' photographs
- Student's Name: Darreon Carbin
- Major: Art
- Anticipated Graduation Date: May 2023
- Hometown: St. Louis, MO, United States
- Student's Mentor: Joe Johnson
- Mentor's Department: Art