Here is what we have planned for the Fall 2020 semester but please be aware that these plans may change.
- The Health Sciences Library will be open Monday – Friday from 10:00 am – 6:00 pm and Sunday from 11:00 am – 8:00 pm.
- Access to the Health Sciences Library will only be accessible to those with badges authorized to enter the School of Medicine and MU Healthcare buildings. The first floor is closed due to construction. The third floor will be closed for the foreseeable future.
- Face Coverings Required at all times in the Health Sciences Library.
- No Food or Drink We see this no food or drink policy as a temporary measure.
- One Person per Table. There are currently 30 seats available that can be reserved through email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (573) 882-4153. Walk-in seating will be based on availability. Library users will be asked to clean their workstations prior to leaving the library and there are four cleaning stations located throughout the second floor. Please check in at the Service Desk upon arrival with your badge.
- Fall Construction We try to maintain a quiet environment in the library, however, there will be construction taking place on the first floor of the library throughout the Fall semester. We hope that the construction noise will have minimal impact on the second floor but it may be a little noisier than usual.
Scheduled Library Materials Pickup
The University Libraries are now offering scheduled pickup of library materials!
How does scheduled pickup work at the Health Sciences Library?
Request what you need via the MERLIN catalog and choose MU HSL By Appointment as your pickup location.
HSL scheduled pickup is available Mondays through Fridays from 10 am-6 pm. Look for an email when your book is ready for a date and time to pick up in the atrium.
You can request items from the Health Sciences Library or any partner library (other campus libraries; other MERLIN and MOBIUS libraries, etc.) Please note: it takes several additional days for books from other campus libraries to get to us. You can also use Ellis Library’s curbside service directly (e.g., if you need several items from Ellis Library, it would likely be faster to pick them up there)
The Health Sciences Library is here for you!
While we are closed to patrons until August 17th, we’re still here for you!
As always, live help is available 9-4pm weekdays via our website. Reference librarians are also available for in-depth consultation and training sessions via Zoom or in-person by appointment at a day and time convenient to you; email email@example.com .
We look forward to seeing everyone at the Health Sciences Library this fall!