To support United Way, we are going to have a bake off (really, it’s a bake sale) on Nov. 8-12. Please participate by bringing in your best baked goods or purchasing the yummy treats! We are going to have two new additions to this year’s bake off.
• Friday is for non-bakers. Maybe you pickle things or make dried fruit. Feel free to show off your talents by bringing in your goodies!
• We are also going to have a bake for later option. You can sell your famous pie, cake or other baked good (to be baked in the FUTURE). Staff will be able to buy bake sale items, each of which will be prepared at a later time agreed to by the baker (you!) and the buyer.
All the proceeds will support United Way’s fight against poverty in Boone County.
To make it more fun and more like the Great British Bake Off, each day of the bake sale will have a theme!
• Monday: Cakes and Pies
• Tuesday: Cookies and Brownies
• Wednesday: Muffins and Scones
• Thursday: Free for All
• Friday: Savory Treats or Other Non-baked Goods!
I will send out more details soon!
If you would like to give to United Way right now, go to https://unitedway.missouri.edu.
Join our team and help American Red Cross save even more lives. https://3cu.be/blood
We have an American Red Cross Blood Donation team at the University of Missouri, and currently there is a shortage of blood. The blood drive has promotions at times too, and this month is a Zaxby promotional.
This year was our first outdoor Homecoming open house. The weather was great, and it was a big success!
Thank you to everyone who helped out at the event:
See the new Travel, Training and Time Off requests information under Travel Forms on our website: https://libraryguides.missouri.edu/staff/forms
Please email completed request forms to email@example.com
Did you know more than 50% of children in Columbia Public Schools qualify for free or reduced lunch? This is one of the many reasons to support the University of Missouri’s United Way campaign. A lot of people in Columbia rely on the safety nets the United Way has developed and supported.
All contributions stay local as the Heart of Missouri United Way distributes the funds to local agencies and organizations. The local agency seeks to empower children, families, individuals and seniors in times of need. The local United Way does this by investing in 42 essential programs and services offered by 29 local partner agencies across these three key areas: health and basic needs, education and financial stability.
To support this year’s United Way Virtual Community Campaign, donate online.