Rebecca Graves presented a lightning talk, “Leading and Following as Dance,” at the virtual meeting of the Midcontinental Chapter of the Medical Library Association on October 28, 2022.
The search committee for a new Head of Instructional Services (Jeannette Pierce, Nav Khanal, Kimberly Evans, Kelli Hansen, and Rebecca Graves) have closed the search without hire at this time. Jeannette appreciates the good work of all the committee members and will share more information about next steps later in the semester.
“Spirits or Speculation?: A closer look at MU’s supposedly haunted places”
The Maneater, Oct. 21, 2022
Robert Laurence Miller, 1948-2022
Columbia Daily Tribune, Oct. 26, 2022
Note: This policy was approved for Ellis Library. The specialized libraries will also follow the policy with some exceptions based on their locations.
Visitors to Ellis Library should encounter spaces that are welcoming to all and conducive to scholarship and learning. The Library Management Team has approved the following standards for signs.
Please note that signs that do not adhere to the guidelines will be removed.
• Permanent in-library services and wayfinding signs are under the purview of the communications officer in conjunction with Campus Facilities.
• Short-term signage must be created using templates provided in Canva. Please date and initial short-term signage and inform communications officer. (Communications officer can provide assistance in creating signs.)
• Emergency and out-of-order signage must be dated and initialed and taken down within 2-3 days or once emergency is over. Anything requiring longer-term signage falls into the category of short-term signage.
• Paper flyers and informational pieces about campus activities may be posted to information kiosks. Flyers posted in other places will be removed and discarded.
• No signs may be taped to wall. Please use appropriate sign holders. If signs must be attached to walls, contact the Administration Office for command strips.
• All signage questions should be directed to the communications officer.
• Final decisions about signage in Ellis Library will be made by the Library Management Team, with input from the communications officer and facilities project coordinator.
Policy submitted to Library Management Team by Ellis Library Sign Task Force on 10/04/2022.
Ellis Library Sign Task Force Members: Shannon Cary, Janice Dysart, Sheila Voss
Approved by Library Management Team on 10/04/2022.
Thanks to Kevin McFillen, the Library Committee had a great time learning about the UMLD, as well as some of the issues associated with maintaining a large research library collection.
Buy Halloween treat bags filled with candy. Treat yourself, coworkers, friends, etc.
Order now through October 25th.
Treat bags will cost $2 a bag or $3 bags for $5 and will be available for pickup October 31 to November 2.
Pay through the United Way Venmo (@uwheartmo) or pay with cash or check when you pick up your candy. Place orders and direct questions to Colleen Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.