CAB has been extensively redesigned. Check it out at http://www.cabdirect2.org. On September 1, the current CAB interface will be retired.
CABI’s Media release
9 June 2009
CABI has launched a new and improved version of its database platform CAB Direct, incorporating the leading bibliographic databases in life science information – CAB Abstracts and Global Health.
The new CAB Direct offers a better experience for students and researchers as they search for important life science information. The content on CAB Direct has not changed, but the new design will improve its discoverability – saving researchers time and effort.
“Researcher behaviours and expectations are evolving, and the new CAB Direct has been created to ensure we are evolving with them,” said Cristina Ashby, Product Development Manager at CABI. “New technologies have offered an excellent opportunity to create a better, more intuitive and effective product.”
• MyCABDirect – a personalised area where users can set-up email alerts and RSS feeds based on their search results; share information; and save important searches
• Faceted searching – users can finely filter information to fit their research needs, based on CABI’s indexing terms and metadata
• The capability to view full text at the search results level
• Improved user experience, through a more intuitive interface
• Suggestions for spelling variations
The new and improved CAB Direct will also abstract snippet views at search results level; save searches to social book marking sites and provide COUNTER compliant usage statistics.
CABI is also pleased to announce the number of full text articles available on CAB Direct, and all other platforms that host our products, has reached 50,000. “This milestone highlights a clear and growing benefit to our subscribers,” said Cristina Ashby. “With the substantial number of articles now available, and with a further 10,000 to be added by the end of the year, this collection of material is developing into a body of content that is of considerable importance in its own right.”
For a visual demonstration on how to use the new CAB Direct go to – http://www.cabi.org/cabivideo/CD2LaunchVideo/CD2LaunchVideo.html