Update: 3 August 2020
We are making preparations to open to CVM Affiliates on August 17.
While these plans may change, we are currently planning on the following:
- The Library will be staffed Monday – Friday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (approximately).
- After-hours access for CVM Affiliates will be available via card reader and will match the hours of operation for the Vet Med Bldg (TBD). If you have card access to the Vet Med Bldg, you have card access to the library.
- Face Coverings Required at all times.
- No Food or Drink We see this no food or drink policy as a temporary measure.
- One Person per Table. Our seating capacity is approximately 20. We’ve set up the seating to maintain 6′ social distancing. Please don’t move the chairs around (seriously, don’t even think about it…). We’ll have wipes and disinfectant near the entrance for you to wipe down your areas.
- Quiet Study We try to maintain a quiet environment in the library. While the library is staffed, we will be propping the doors open (one less thing for everyone to touch) — so it may be a little noisier in the library than usual.
- Library Staff We’ll be in our offices with our masks on. Give us a wave to catch our attention if you need assistance. Even though we won’t be standing at the circulation desk to greet you when you come in the library, we want you to know you are welcome! We are smiling at you with our eyes! SMIZE!
Curbside Pickup Available
The University Libraries are currently offering curbside pickup of library materials!
How does curbside pickup work for CVM affiliates?
Request what you need via the MERLIN catalog and choose MU Vet Med Library (CVM Only) as your pickup location. You can also send an email to us at email@example.com with your request to get things started. We’ll pull the books for you and email you when they’re ready.
Curbside pickup is available on Mondays and Wednesdays. So far, the most popular “curb” for curbside pickup is by the Dean’s Office entrance — but we’re flexible on location. We check the materials out to you before you pick them up (contactless!).
You can request items from Zalk Library or any partner library (other campus libraries; other MERLIN and MOBIUS libraries; really, any library that is up and running!) Please note: it takes several additional days for books from other campus libraries to get to us. You can also use Ellis Library’s curbside service directly (e.g., if you need several items from Ellis Library, it would likely be faster to pick them up there)
Team Zalk is here for you!
While we are closed to patrons until August 17th, we’re still here for you! We are increasing our on-site work time in order to prepare for the Fall semester and to scan the items you need.
Need a book chapter for your students? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ways to contact us:
- Email email@example.com
- Call 573-882-2461 (Mondays & Wednesdays) or 573-882-6259 (Kate)
- Set up a Zoom meeting with Kate
And, of course, our electronic resources are already online through the Zalk Library website.
How to access our online resources:
- Use the links on the Zalk Library home page or from any Libraries page. These links have all been “proxied,” so when you hit a subscribed resource, you’ll be asked to log-in with your SSO.
- Use the Journal Finder to get to specific journal titles. The Journal Finder will let you know which years are available electronically.
- We have a ton of ebooks!
- Really just want PubMed? Bookmark the “MU” PubMed link to be connected to the FindIt@MU information.
- Set your Google Scholar settings to show the FindIt@MU link for easy off-campus access to journal articles
- Use VPN
- More information on Off-campus Access to Library Resources
- Note: many libraries around the country are still closed or have very limited access to their print collections. You may experience delays with requests from other libraries.
Have something checked out from the Libraries?
- Renew your items online or hang on to them for later return. The Libraries are suspending any billing and fines for overdue materials at this time.
- If you need to return items and you have authorization to be in the Vet Med Building, you can return items to our hallway book drop (it’s silver, located between our doors and the hallway to the Zou) Otherwise, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a drop-off point.