Update: 30 September 2020
Zalk Library is open to CVM Affiliates.
- The Library is staffed Monday – Friday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (approximately).
- After-hours access for CVM Affiliates is available via card reader. If you have card access to the Vet Med Bldg, you have card access to the library. All the rules and regs that apply during the day apply after hours.
- Face Coverings Required at all times.
- No Food or Drink We see this no food or drink policy as a temporary measure.
- One Person per Table. Our seating capacity is 30. We’ve set up the seating to maintain 6′ social distancing. Please don’t move the chairs around (seriously, don’t even think about it…). Sit in the designated spots; do not sit on the floor. We’ll have wipes and disinfectant near the entrance for you to wipe down your areas.
- Quiet Study We try to maintain a quiet environment in the library. While the library is staffed, we will be propping the doors open (one less thing for everyone to touch) — so it may be a little noisier in the library than usual.
- Print Reserves We are giving our print reserves an overnight rest in between uses, so — on occasion — something you need may be in quarantine. We also ask that you wash/sanitize your hands before and after handling our print materials (we’ll do the same!).
- Library Staff We’ll be in our offices with our masks on. Give us a wave to catch our attention if you need assistance. Even though we won’t be standing at the circulation desk to greet you when you come in the library, we want you to know you are welcome! We are smiling at you with our eyes! SMIZE! Thanks in advance for your patience if we can’t get to you right away (we may be on a Zoom call, etc.).
Curbside Pickup Still Available
You’re now welcome to come pick up your books at the circulation desk. If you prefer, we can also arrange a specific time for curbside (aka “parking lot”) pickup. Once you receive the email that your items are ready for you, either give us a call or reply to that email (email@example.com) to make arrangements. Ellis Library curbside will continue to be available this Fall. How to Request Items via MERLIN
Team Zalk is here for you!
Need a book chapter for your students? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ways to contact us:
- Email email@example.com
- Call 573-882-2461
- Set up a Zoom meeting with Kate
And, of course, our electronic resources are already online through the Zalk Library website.
How to access our online resources:
- Use the links on the Zalk Library home page or from any Libraries page. These links have all been “proxied,” so when you hit a subscribed resource, you’ll be asked to log-in with your SSO.
- Use the Journal Finder to get to specific journal titles. The Journal Finder will let you know which years are available electronically.
- We have a ton of ebooks!
- Really just want PubMed? Bookmark the “MU” PubMed link to be connected to the FindIt@MU information.
- Set your Google Scholar settings to show the FindIt@MU link for easy off-campus access to journal articles
- Use VPN
- More information on Off-campus Access to Library Resources
- Note: many libraries around the country still have limited access to their collections and/or have changed their lending policies. You may experience delays with requests from other libraries.
Have something checked out from the Libraries?
- You can either return them or renew them online. The Libraries will start to sending courtesy and overdue notices on October 1.
- You can return items to our circulation desk or to our hallway book drop (it’s silver, located between our doors and the hallway to the Zou). Please note that your items might not be checked in immediately.