William Least Heat-Moon Papers
Scope and Contents
Material by Wililam Least Heat-Moon (b. 1939). Manuscripts and additional materials from the following books:
- PrairyErth (A Deep Map) (1991)
- River-Horse: The Logbook of a Boat Across America (1999)
- Columbus in the Americas (2002)
- Roads to Quoz: An American Mosey (2008)
- Here, There, Elsewhere: Stories from the Road (2013)
- An Osage Journey to Europe 1827-1830: Three French Accounts (2013)
- Writing Blue Highways: The Story of How a Book Happened (2014)
- Celestial Mechanics: A Tale for a Mid-Winter Night (2017)
- O’ America! A Story of Adventure in a New Land (2020)
This collection was previously held at the State Historical Society of Missouri and was transferred to Special Collections in December 2017. Materials related to Celestial Mechanics were transferred directly from the author to Special Collections in January 2018.
During the lifetime of the donor, the Papers shall not be accessible for research without the written consent of the donor. The donor retains copyrights he holds in the Papers, with the understanding that researchers are free to use and quote from any of the Papers, provided that the total number of words quoted does not exceed 1000. Contact Special Collections for more information.
There are currently no featured items within this collection.