I am pleased to share with you that the Research and Information Services (RAIS) Division is changing our name slightly and re-organizing into three major units. Our new name is Research, Access, and Instructional Services Division. Note that we are able to keep the acronym – RAIS.
Subject librarians will report to either Research Services or Instructional Services. All subject librarians will have the same title, Research & Instructional Services Librarian. Research and Instructional Services Librarians will all continue to have liaison, collection development, reference, and instruction responsibilities regardless of whether the individual reports to Research Services or Instructional Services. Subject discipline responsibilities remain the same for individuals except that Anne Barker will be assuming responsibilities for Film Studies and Cindy Cotner will become the liaison for Digital Story Telling.
These changes are effective August 1st. Details about the new RAIS organization are below, including areas of primary responsibility for each unit. The attached organization chart will be posted on the staff web. We expect to change some office locations and will announce these in News Notes.
Please note that Special Collections and Digital Services will continue reporting to RAIS until a new division head is hired for these areas.
Special thanks to Anne, Rhonda, and Cindy for their help with planning for these changes. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Research Services – Rhonda Whithaus
Research & Instructional Services Librarians – Anne Barker, Rachel Brekhus, Janice Dysart, Gwen Gray, Noel Kopriva, Paula Roper
- Online Information Services (EDS, Electronic Resources Administrator, Journal Linker)
- Reference Services (desk, chat, Ask a Librarian, reference collection)
- Liaison Services to Academic Programs (liaison communication, best practices, collection analysis)
Access Services – Cindy Cotner, Interim Head
- ILL Borrowing
- ILL Lending
- Consortia Borrowing/Lending Partnerships (MOBIUS, GWLA, SEC, RAPID, CRL)
Instructional Services – Joseph Askins (starts August 2nd)
Research & Instructional Services Librarians: Jennifer Gravley (temporary position through May 2018); Kimberly Moeller; Michael Muchow
- Information Literacy in the curriculum
- Teaching & learning partnerships
- Instruction program assessment (internal)
- Training and development (internal)
Government Information and Data Archives Librarian – Marie Concannon
- Missouri Documents
- Data Archives (Official ICPSR Representative, ROPER, public data sets) [Note that Sandy Schiefer is also an ICPSR representative with the status of Designated ICPSR representative.]
User Engagement Librarian – Cindy Cotner
- Non-curricular outreach & programming (Coordinate activities with International Center, Disability Center, Counseling Center, Career Center, Finals Week, etc.)
E-learning Librarian and Interim Web Administrator – Navadeep Khanal
- E-learning initiatives (assessing needs of e-learners; introducing and providing support for new & emerging technologies that support student learning)
- Manager of E-learning Lab
- Liaison to ET@MO
- Web Administrator (Web Team, LibGuide admin, LibX, SharePoint)
- Liaison to University Web support
Digital Curator for Journalism (shared position with Reynolds Journalism Institute) – Edward McCain
- Journalism Digital News Archive (JDNA)
- National Dodging the Memory Hole conversation
- Contribute to digital curation of Columbia Missourian and other MU media outlets
- Partner with Head of the Journalism Library to support student/faculty outreach in support of personal digital archiving