We are pleased to announce that the University of Missouri Libraries now has an additional route for faculty, staff and students to access library books while our doors remain closed. The HathiTrust Digital Library’s Emergency Temporary Access Service (ETAS) is now activated! This allows our users temporary online access to some materials from our print collection.
Here is some important information about using the HathiTrust Digital Libary:
- Login with your university ID to see the temporary access materials.
- To activate temporary access once logged in you need to click “check out.” The loan lasts one hour but can be renewed as long as another user is not trying to access the same material.
- Temporary access only permits downloading one page at a time.
- Additonal materials (that are not under copyright) with full-text access are always available through HathiTrust. Those items are indicated by “full text” rather than “temporary access.”
- Full-text access allows downloading of the entire book.
You can watch this video for help.
For more information see HathiTrust’s ETAS: Information for Users. For your convenience, this and other temporary resources are listed at Open Educational and Research Resources: Complimentary Publisher and Vendor Access During COVID-19 Outbreak.