Over the last several years, the University of Missouri has adopted identity standards that relate to what we call ourselves and the images we use to represent the institution. To find a complete list of these rules, visit identity.missouri.edu.
Here are some key things to remember:
- We no longer use “Columbia” when referring to our campus, it is just the University of Missouri, MU, or Mizzou.
- Mizzou is to be used in informal situations or when students are the primary audience.
- The stacked MU is the primary logo for the University. There are strict rules about using the stacked MU.
- Each unit has their own unit signature. It is the stacked MU with the name of the unit and the University of Missouri.
- You can get the the Libraries’ unit signature from me. If you need anything printed with the unit signature, please make sure it has been approved by me or Printing Services.
- When referring to the Libraries, use University of Missouri Libraries in the first instance and use University Libraries after that. You may use Mizzou Libraries in informal situations, such as on social media.
If you have questions, please contact me.