Did you know you can import MEDLINE journal abbreviations into your EndNote library?
That way, even if your EndNote record only says American Journal of Veterinary Research, your bibliography will automatically read Am J Vet Res.
Using this Journal Terms List feature can save you a ton of time and frustration!
- Go to Tools > Open Term Lists > Journals Term Lists
- If there are journals listed on the Terms tab, delete them. Caveat: if you’ve already entered a unique abbreviation (e.g., for a non-MEDLINE journal), don’t delete that term!
- On the Lists tab (with Journals highlighted), click Import List…
- Browse to the Medical Journals Term List. Look for it in C:Program FilesEndNote X2Terms ListsMedical.txt.
- You’ll see the Terms List updating with 1,000’s of MEDLINE journal abbreviations.
- It can take a few minutes for the new abbreviations to kick in. If you don’t eventually see the abbreviations, make sure the Output Style is set to use the journal abbreviation. See the EndNote FAQ on Journal Abbreviations for more information.
Note: you will need to turn this feature “on” for each of your EndNote libraries.
Contact Kate Anderson