Welcome, CVM Class of 2023! And Welcome Back, Everyone!
Check out the Zalk Library Guide for VM-1s and 2s.
Here, you’ll find the basics of how the library operates and information on the resources we have available for you.
Zalk Library is open and staffed Monday – Friday 7:30am – 5:30pm. You can access the Library after hours via card reader. More information about 24/7 access to Zalk Library.
Friendly Reminders to Start Off the New Year:
- Quiet Study 24/7. The library is often the only quiet space in the building. Respect your classmate’s need for a quiet study area…don’t make us shush you.
- Keep your cell phones on silent and take calls out in the hall.
- The library is especially busy / crowded until White Coat in October, so please be kind to one another.
- Drinks in covered containers allowed. “Snack” foods allowed (think things that come out of a vending machine). “Meals”/messy/smelly/noisy food not allowed — really, eat your lunch in the Zou. We will ask you to leave and come back later.
- Keep it clean. If you do spill something, please let us know right away.
- Don’t leave your stuff unattended.
- Always have your badge on you.
- Service animals welcome. No pets.
Most importantly, we are here to help you succeed in vet school. Don’t hesitate to ask us a question.
Kate Anderson (left): Librarian IV & Head. Ask Kate about searching the literature.
Laura Buck (center): Library Specialist, Sr. Ask Laura about circulation and reserves.
Sue Giger (right): Library Specialist. Ask Sue about InterLibrary Loan and Document Delivery.