We are thrilled to announce 24/7 card access to Zalk Library!
Zalk Library is open and staffed Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Authorized card holders will be able to swipe into the library at any other time (and there was much rejoicing!).
Who Has Access?
- If you have card access to the Veterinary Medicine Building, you have card access to Zalk Library.
The Do’s and Don’ts:
- Safety and Security: Only authorized card holders are allowed in the library after hours. Do not prop the library door open and do not let others into the library. Do not leave your belongings unattended. Always have your CVM badge on you.
- No Circulation Services After Hours: You’re welcome to use anything you need within the library, but do not take material from the library after hours. Return any items used in-house to the cart by the circulation desk so that we can keep track of what’s been used. Please do not reshelve your items; we’ll do that for you.
- Quiet Study 24/7: The library is designated as quiet study 24/7. Be mindful and respectful of someone else’s need to be assured of a quiet space.
- Food and Drink Policy: Drinks in covered containers allowed. “Snack” foods allowed (think things that come out of a vending machine). “Meals”/messy/smelly/noisy food not allowed. Keep it clean. If you spill something, you’ll find paper towels and wipes near the circulation desk.
- No Pets: Service animals only.
- Lights: We hope to be able to change the lighting to motion detection. In the meantime: last one out, turn off (most of) the lights. We’ve designated a set of lights that should remain on.
We’re really excited to be able to make this change, and we’re trusting you to help take care of *your* library. Please contact Kate with any questions, concerns, or problems that arise as we move to this new access.