2016 was a crazy year for the J. Otto Lottes Health Sciences Library! Looking back, we did quite a bit, but decided to give the highlights. Here are just five of our accomplishments, with more featured in the video below:
- Began working with the School of Medicine Research Council on an ORCID Researcher ID registration drive. This stemmed from the need to increase faculty publication visibility. We also began producing a newsletter of new publications from our faculty, emphasizing those publications in the health sciences.
- Librarians combated misconceptions to help increase open access publications. Check out our libguide and our blog to stay updated and learn more about the libraries effort to increase open access and MU Research impacts.
- Continue to provide health care information to unaffiliated patrons across Missouri, and beyond, through interlibrary loan.
- Converted under utilized faculty space after Ralph Sieli, in our circulation department, inquired about its use. With the faculty member no longer in need of the room, we created an addiitonal study space for our students to use.
- Provided our users access to information.
If you’re curious about what else we’ve been up to, you should check out our video
We are so thankful for a wonderful 2016!