This position will manage donor engagement for the University Libraries, ensuring exceptional stewardship for our donors and providing coordination for events and volunteer efforts. In this capacity, the Coordinator of Donor Engagement (CDE) will work closely with members of the Friends of the Libraries Council (FOL) and Library Society. The CDE will serve as the Libraries’ liaison to Annual Giving, overseeing the Libraries’ participation in annual fund, Mizzou Give Direct and Mizzou Giving Day. The CDE will report to the University Libraries Director of Advancement, and will work closely with the University Libraries Communications Officer, assisting with social media, marketing materials and our print publication, Library Connections. The ideal candidate will have outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills, organizational skills with attention to detail, writing/editing/design experience, social media savvy and desire to put the best face forward for the University Libraries and MU.
Duties will include:
- Coordinate the Library Society, the University Libraries donor recognition program. Plan and execute high quality events for donors and potential donors, including the annual Library Society Reception. Update database coding, welcome new members and contact strategically selected donors to ask for sponsorships and other forms of event support.
- Serve as liaison for FOL. Work closely with FOL volunteers to plan, execute and seek sponsorship for fundraisers and other events. Serve as secretary to the organization, handle Council elections, develop meeting agendas, staff Friends committees, welcome new members, keep coding current in Advance and handle Friends renewal mailings.
- Coordinate the Stuckey Essay program. Solicit, collect and prepare essays for judging by FOL volunteers. Contact winners, handle press releases and arrange awards.
- Manage day-to-day donor stewardship. Draft thank you letters for the Vice Provost for University Libraries, verify proper allocation and use of gifts, and handle donor relations issues as necessary.
- Write, design and edit donor engagement materials, including messages and correspondence on behalf of the Vice Provost for Libraries, impact reports and solicitation materials, as well as materials related to FOL.
- Serve as liaison to and collaborate with MU Advancement donor relations team and annual fund team.
- Lead Libraries’ participation in annual fund, Mizzou Give Direct and Mizzou Giving Day.
- Identify and cultivate potential lead annual giving donors through research, personalized outreach and engagement. Collaborate with the Libraries’ advancement team and leadership to identify strategies and tactics to engage and solicit donors.
- Manage award nominations for library donors, ensure proper recognition of donors on honor rolls and develop new ideas to improve donor recognition opportunities.
- Serve on the Libraries’ social media team and assist the Libraries Communications Officer in developing two issues per year of Library Connections.
- Maintain Advancement Office records.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Salary Range: $16.92 – $22.00/hour
University Title: Advancement Coordinator
Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. with some evening/weekend hours.
- Journalism, marketing, communication, advertising or public relations degree preferred.
- At least one to three years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is preferred.
- Ability to use Office and Adobe Creative Suite, and ability to learn new technologies/systems, such as our alumni database.
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.