We’re completing the collections review project of the fall.
- We’ll stop receiving many journals in January. You may review lists of the journals cancelled, posted as we complete negotiations with our vendors.
- The budget for one-time purchases (books, videos, recordings) has also been curtailed. We stop ordering on April 1 and resume after July 1. Please let your subject librarian know of materials you will need for the summer and early fall as soon as you can.
Please be aware especially of how these budget cuts may impact your students as they must rely more on interlibrary loan and MOBIUS for materials:
- waiting for delivery of articles and books from other libraries
- shorter loan periods and stricter overdue fines from other libraries.
- Although it’s tempting to use informal methods (I can haz pdf, SciHub, etc.) to obtain articles, be aware that these often involve violations of copyright and license agreements, can pose online security issues, and prevent us from knowing what you need. We will deliver materials via interlibrary loan as quickly as possible—and use request data to make future budget decisions.
- Help us be more aware of what materials are used: please link to articles and other online materials rather than reposting pdfs.
- Please do not reshelve materials used in the libraries. Just leave them on a table or reshelving area so we can register that they’ve been used.