Link to Articles and Journals
There are several options for creating durable links to online materials.
- Create a durable short URL to a specific article
- Create a durable link to a specific journal
- Create a durable article link using the DOI (Digital Object Identifier)
- Enter the journal name, volume number, issue number, start page and year for best results.
- Click on Get Short URL
- Select the short URL to use. You can even create your own specialized URL.
- Copy and paste the URL into ERes, BlackBoard, etc.
You can create a link to the journal information page in Findit@MU where current coverage data for a specific journal will always be available.
Use the journal's ISSN (International Standard Serial Number) as the unique identifier.
Use this format to create a durable link:
To find the ISSN for a journal:
- Search for the journal title in Find a Specific Journal.
- Copy the 8 digit ISSN located at the end of the title.
If you have the DOI (Digital Object Identifier) for a specific article, you can use this format for a persistent URL to the article:
(Insert the DOI in place of the XX in the URL.)
Need assistance? Contact your Subject Librarian.