Request Items from UMLD/Annex (Library Depository)
UMLD, the University of Missouri Library Depository, is an off-campus storage facility for infrequently used library materials. Request books from UMLD/Annex off-site storage by using the Request Item button in the MERLIN Catalog.
Request books from UMLD off-site storage.
- Perform your search in MERLIN.
- Select "REQUEST" when you find your item.
- Enter Pawprint and password. Pawprint not working?
Single Request for Journals or Articles
- Request an article from a journal stored at UMLD.
- Select the ILL@MU Logon to request articles in journals from other campuses' Depository holdings.
- Journals from MU, MST and UMKC may requested through MERLIN.
- Select the REQUEST button in MERLIN for journal volumes.
Journals owned by UMSL at UMLD:
- Must be requested through ILL@MU.
Multiple Requests (useful for journal volumes)This option allows you to select multiple titles, then fill the out Name, Address, ID information a single time.
- Perform your search in MERLIN and select an item.
- Select Save to Folder.
- Repeat these step until you have have finished searching.
- Select View Saved Records.
- Select Multiple Requests (select this even if you have saved only one book in the Folder).
- Before entering information, scroll down to the bottom of the page to see the saved titles.
Select one of the options:
- Select All
- Clear All
- Delete Selected
- Click box by desired titles, then Request Saved
- If you choose Select All or Request Saved, follow steps 4-8 as for Ordering books via MERLIN.
Materials impacted by past mold outbreak
Thank you for your patience as we restore access to the remaining materials contaminated by the past mold outbreak. We are almost through processing books that have been treated to remove the contamination. Please see current options for obtaining the remaining unavailable items.
- Most items will be available for use within 24 to 48 hours of the request.
- Requests made on Friday afternoons will not be available until the following Monday.
- Email notification will be sent when the material is ready for check out.
- For persons not affiliated with MU who wish to drive to MU’s Ellis Library to look at an item from the Depositories, please contact the Ellis Library Circulation Desk at 573-882-3362 or by email to Burt Fields at email@example.com.
- For anyone who is not affiliated with MU and not within driving distance, please contact your local library to ask for an interlibrary loan.