Grant Burress: THROUGH THE FIRE
Through the fire is an animated music video I created for Valentine’s Day to a higher pitched version of the track similar to the sample used by Kanye West. This video is the part two of an animation I made last year on Valentine’s Day. The animation I made last year was titled “A House is Not A Home” which was an animated music video I made to the song of the same title by Luther Vandross. In the previous video, Cappy is singing about how he feels like the woman that he is in love with doesn’t feel the same way about him. With this piece, Cali and her friends put together a show to reassure him that she loves him. I originally created the idea of this piece when I was in middle school and I have finally possessed the skills to bring my vision to the screen. I also wanted to show the relationship between Cali and Cappy and establish them for future reference as a cartoon power couple.
In this piece I used mostly After Effects, but some features and effects I added through Adobe Premiere Pro. For the character designs sets and props, I created them all using Adobe illustrator.
About the project
- Title of Work: THROUGH THE FIRE
- Medium: Video
- Student's Name: Grant Burress
- Major: Digital Storytelling
- Anticipated Graduation Date: May 2021
- Hometown: Rockford, Illinois
- Student's Mentor: Christian Rozier
- Mentor's Department: School of Visual Studies - DST / Film Studies
- Art Project ID: 21VADS - 002