Zalk Library is open and staffed Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. We are closed on all University holidays.
Authorized card holders can access the library after hours via card reader.
Who Has After-Hours Access?
- If you have card access to the Veterinary Medicine Building, you have card access to Zalk Library.
The Do’s and Don’ts:
- Safety and Security: Only authorized card holders are allowed in the library after hours. Do not prop the library door open, and do not let others into the library. Do not leave your belongings unattended. Always have your CVM badge on you.
- No Circulation Services After Hours: You’re welcome to use anything you need within the library (including the scanner), but do not take material from the library after hours. Return any items used in-house to the cart by the circulation desk so that we can keep track of what’s been used. Please do not reshelve your items; we’ll do that for you.
- Quiet Study 24/7: The library is designated as quiet study 24/7. Be mindful and respectful of someone else’s need to be assured of a quiet space. Keep your phones on silent and take calls out in the hall.
- Food and Drink Policy: Drinks in covered containers allowed. “Snack” foods allowed (think things that come out of a vending machine). “Meals”/messy/smelly/noisy food not allowed. Keep it clean. If you spill something, you’ll find paper towels and wipes near the circulation desk.
- No Pets: Service animals only.
- Lights: After 10pm weeknights and on the weekend, please turn out the lights if you’re the last one out. Well, most of the lights. We’ve designated one set of lights that should remain on.
- Blinds: Please be gentle with the blinds. If you’re yanking them to get them open, STOP. First, open the blinds with the metal chain and then pull them to the side.