The University Libraries Student Advisory Council (ULSAC) will have its first meeting of the 2016-2017 academic year on Tuesday, September 13 at 5pm in Ellis Library room 159.
What is ULSAC?
The purpose of an academic library is to support the scholarly needs of students, faculty, and staff. As such, it is important that students have a voice in how their library functions. The University Libraries have established a permanent council of 25 students to serve in an advisory capacity to the Director of University Libraries.
- The Council will meet to review the Libraries' annual budget, participate in long range planning, and help create a vision for the university's library system.
- The Council will make recommendations to the Director of Libraries regarding plans for space renovation, collection development, services, and technologies.
- Council members will report back to their home organizations, helping to improve communication between the libraries and students; and will be informed participants when library issues are discussed in meetings with other campus committees.
Member organizations have been selected to balance representation between graduate and undergraduate students, and to include a diversity of student perspectives:
- FourFront – 2 representatives
- Graduate Professional Council (GPC) – 4 representatives
- lnterfraternity Council (lFC) – 2 representatives
- Library Ambassadors (LA) – 5 representatives
- Legion of Black Collegians (LBC) – 2 representatives
- Missouri lnternational Student Council (MISC) – 2 representatives
- Missouri Student Association (MSA) – 2 representatives
- National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC) – 2 representatives
- Panhellenic Association (PHA) – 2 representatives
- Residence Hall Association (RHA) – 2 representatives
Questions about ULSAC?
Please contact Grace Atkins, user engagement librarian and ULSAC coordinator: email@example.com
Fall 2016 Meeting Agenda
- Opening Remarks and Introductions – Autumn McLain, Library Ambassadors
- Budget Report & Updates – Ann Riley, Interim Library Director
- Usability & User Experience Updates – Grace Atkins, User Engagement Librarian
- Questions & Suggestions – ULSAC members