In addition to our study rooms, we also made a few small changes to the library as a whole while you all have been away this summer.
- In order to de-clutter and really open up our space, we removed some unused or unnecessary furniture including a dictionary stand, stools, a metal table, a bookcase, and study carrels. Don’t worry, there are still a ton of carrels left for you solitary studiers!
- We rearranged the furniture in our newly acquired space and added a display case given to us by the College of Engineering to show off more Engineering memorabilia from the Heritage Collection.
- We received new chairs and a few new tables for our study rooms from the College of Engineering. The new Student Services Enhancement Fee helped us pay to paint the walls behind the monitors so there is less eye strain when using them.
- We redid our call number labels at the ends of the stacks for a more polished, user friendly look. The labels now have acrylic holders for durability and they contain subject headings for easier browsing.
- The College of Engineering gave us framed Dean portraits to replace our paper ones on the Heritage Collection display board (Dean Loboa’s portrait is still pending).
We would like to give a big thank you to everyone who helped us change things around!
See some photos of our updated space: