Integrating Library Content into Blackboard 8 [replaced by Libguide http://libraryguides.missouri.edu/blackboard]
Instructions for Blackboard 9 will be posted later this fall.
Make it easier for your students to find and use scholarly library resources by adding links to those resources on your Blackboard page. Remember, you can always ask your Subject Librarian for help.
There are three ways to include library items in your course.
- Use existing library links under “Resources Tab in all Blackboard courses.
- Create a “Library Resources” button and then add library links to that content area.
- Embed links to individual articles, books, services etc. into existing parts of your course.
If you decide to use options 2 or 3, first determine if you should use the E-Reserve system for some of your readings, and then see detailed instructions below on how to create links.
How to create permanent links to:
- Articles from Journals/Newspapers
- List of Article Search Results
- Books, Other Items, or Search Results in the MERLIN Catalog
- TV and Radio Transcripts
- E-Reserve Items (ERes)
Link to Library Web pages
Copy and paste the URL of the desired guide or sourcepack to your Blackboard site.
- Subject Guides
- Course Sourcepacks
- Citation Style Manuals
- Plagiarism Information
- Subject Librarians
- Library Hours and Maps
- Your Subject Librarian
- Reference Desk – 882-4581
- Add your subject librarian to the course roster to answer questions online.
- Make your subject librarian a Course Builder for the course if you’d like the subject librarian to add material to your page.
- Request a sourcepack from your subject librarian.
- Post an announcement for your upcoming library session