REQUEST ITEMS FROM UMLD
UMLD, the University of Missouri Library Depository, is an off-campus storage facility for infrequently used library materials. Request books from UMLD/Annex off-site storage by using the Request Item button in the MERLIN Catalog.
Request books from UMLD off-site storage.
- Perform your search in MERLIN.
- Select "REQUEST" when you find your item.
- Enter Pawprint and password. Pawprint not working?
Single Request (journal volumes or articles)
- Select the REQUEST button in MERLIN for journal volumes.
- Request an article from a journal stored at UMLD.
Journals owned by other UM Libraries located at the UM Libraries Depositories:
- Must be requested through ILL@MU.
- Select the ILL@MU Logon to request articles in journals from other campuses' Depository holdings.
Multiple Requests (useful for journal volumes)
This option allows you to select multiple titles, then fill the out Name, Address, ID information a single time.
- Perform your search in MERLIN and select an item.
- Select Save to Folder.
- Repeat these step until you have have finished searching.
- Select View Saved Records.
- Select Multiple Requests (select this even if you have saved only one book in the Folder).
- Before entering information, scroll down to the bottom of the page to see the saved titles.
Select one of the options:
- Select All
- Clear All
- Delete Selected
- Click box by desired titles, then Request Saved
- If you choose Select All or Request Saved, follow steps 4-8 as for Ordering books via MERLIN.
Most items will be available for use within 24 to 48 hours of the request. However, requests made on Friday afternoons will not be available until the following Monday. Email notification will be sent when the material is ready for check out. For Visitors People not affiliated with the University of Missouri-Columbia can arrange to view material stored off-site by contacting the Circulation Desk on the 1st floor of Ellis Library: Phone: (573) 882-3362 Email: DeweeseJ@missouri.edu