WAYS TO GIVE
The history of the University of Missouri is one of private philanthropy. In 1839, more than 900 private citizens of Boone County pooled their resources to establish the first university established west of the Mississippi River. Today, more than 60,000 alumni, friends, foundations and other organizations give annually to Mizzou because of the passion and pride they have for this flagship university.
Because the Libraries support every student, faculty member, college and program at MU, a donation to the Libraries is the single best way for a gift to benefit the whole of the University.
Cash gifts in amounts large or small, unrestricted or designated for specific purposes, are always welcomed. Among the most popular ways to give to the MU Libraries are the following:
- Honor with Books – a special way to show appreciation or to pay tribute to a parent, friend, favorite teacher, or anyone else of your choosing.
- Adopt-a-Book – choose a specific book in need of repair or a subject area you wish to support by providing a gift that will be matched up to $250.
- Friends of the Library – join others who choose to support the many programs and events in the MU Libraries. Annual dues are $50 for individuals or couples.
- Library Society – recognizing private benefactors who choose to give annual gifts of $1,000 or more in support of the collections and services offered by MU Libraries.
- University Libraries – Summer 2019 Wish List Campaign
Donations of books, documents or other materials that are in good repair and that support teaching and scholarship are welcomed. Rare and valuable materials are especially encouraged, although under current IRS regulations, the University cannot provide appraisals for materials received. For further information, visit this website.
If you are considering a gift to the MU Libraries, please feel free to contact us: