LIBRARY FINES & LOST BOOKS
- Students, staff, faculty and courtesy borrowers are charged fines for overdue recalled books at the rate of $2.00 per day per book. You will not be able to borrow anything else from the Libraries until you return the items. Further delay will result in an invoice for the cost of replacement for an additional $175 per item.
- Overdue reserve items are $2.00 per every hour overdue.
- Overdue discretionary loan items are fined at $10.00 per day.
- Overdue RECALLED Interlibrary Loans (ILL) will be fined at $10.00 per day.
- Books borrowed from other MERLIN/MOBIUS Libraries are subject to overdue fines for all borrowers. For MOBIUS items, there will be a non-waivable $20.00 fee if the item goes to billed status.
- As a courtesy, the library sends one overdue notice approximately five days after the item is due. If not returned, the borrower will be billed a lost book fee, plus any accrued fines. Borrowers who would like to replace a lost book may contact a staff member at the EL&TC Library Circulation Desk or Ellis Library for more information.
- Failure to receive a notice does not exempt a borrower from the responsibility to return books on time, and is not grounds for the cancellation of fines.
- For questions about fines call (573) 882-2379 for the Engineering Library or (573) 882-4072 for Ellis Library
NOTE: If you are going out of town for more than a few days, the library suggests that you either return your books or make arrangements for your mail to be monitored for Recall Notices in order to avoid high fines.
- For questions about lost books call (573) 882-2379. Ask to speak to Michelle Baggett or Nora Tamm.