Borrowing Services for Staff
|Material Type||Loan Period||Renewals||# of Items|
|MU Books||4 month||5||
1000 – combined total check outs
|UM Books (MST, UMKC, UMSL)||4 month||2|
|MU Print Journals||2 week||1|
|UMLD print journals (MU, MST,UMKC)||2 week||1|
|Government Documents||30 day||2|
|DVDs in Ellis Library||10 days||0|
|DVDS in other campus libraries||varies||0|
|MOBIUS Books||4 week||3||20 – combined total of MOBIUS book check outs and hold/requests on MOBIUS books|
|Prospector Books||3 week||1|
|Interlibrary Loan||2 week, but varies by lending institution||
Contact Interlibrary Loan prior to due date
MU Staff: Research on the Road
MU faculty, students and staff who are in good standing (no billed books or unpaid fines or blocks on their circulation record) may go to any other MOBIUS library and present their MU ID card and borrow books held in those libraries, if they are “Available” in the MOBIUS catalog.
Recalling a Book that is Checked Out
- Go to the Ellis Library Circulation Desk or at any branch library circulation desk with your MU ID card.
- Requests for recall must be made in person. No requests by email or phone are accepted.
- You cannot recall an item online through the MOBIUS catalog.
- Have the author, title and call number of the item ready to give to staff at the Circulation Desk.
- We will recall an item if there are no available copies in any other MOBIUS Library.
- If there is an available copy at any other MOBIUS library, that copy will be requested rather than recalling one that is already checked out to a patron.