Renew Books that I have Checked Out
MU books may be renewed online up to five (5) times for MU faculty, staff, and graduate students. You will have to bring the book to the library after the fifth renewal at which time the staff will check in the book and check it out to you provided no one else has placed a hold on the book.
Note: Five renewals pertains to MU books only. Books checked out from UMLD and the other UM campuses remain at the two-renewal limit.
- Undergraduate students can renew their books online up to two (2) times.
- UMKC, MST, and UMSL: Books may be renewed online up to two times. The books will need to be sent back to the lending library and re-requested if you still need them.
- MOBIUS Libraries: Books may be renewed three times online only.
NOTE: Bound journals may not be renewed
- “OVERDUE” books may be renewed online
- “BILLED” books must be brought back to the Ellis Library Circulation Desk or any branch library
Once a MOBIUS book has reached “BILLED” status, it will be sent back to the lending library. It cannot be checked in and then out again.
NOTE: Billed MOBIUS books will incur a ** $20 ** non-refundable processing fee.
To renew books online
- Select MY ACCOUNTS in the navigation bar of this page, then select VIEW MY MU LIBRARIES ACCOUNT. Login and click on in the top menu bar.
- Enter Pawprint and password. Pawprint not working?
- Do not “RENEW ALL” unless all of the items are either overdue or soon to be overdue.
- If you “RENEW ALL” all of the books you have checked out will be due on the same day.
- If the due date on the books you are renewing does not change, there may be a number of reasons.
- Ask a staff member at Ellis Circulation or a branch library to tell you why the item will not renew.
Some items may not be eligible for renewal
- Items with holds for other borrowers
- Items from other UM Libraries with two renewals (either online or in-person).
- Books may not be renewed by telephone.
Please contact the Ellis Library at (573) 882-9158 (8am – 5pm) or send an email to Burt Fields firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.