REQUEST ITEMS THROUGH INTERLIBRARY LOAN (ILL@MU)
Note: The Interlibrary Loan Service (ILL@MU) is available to all currently enrolled MU students, faculty and staff. Items needed for research will be borrowed for you without charge. See Interlibrary Loan FAQ for additional information.
Use the electronic Document Retrieval Service to request scans of periodical articles, book chapters and any part of other printed publications owned by MU Libraries. There is no charge for this service for MU faculty, staff and students.
Requesting Books, DVD's, Dissertations or Theses
- First check MU Libraries Book Finder. If the item is available, request it through MERLIN or MOBIUS.
- Log on to ILL@MU and fill out the appropriate request form to obtain the book, dissertation or thesis not available in MU Libraries Book Finder. Use the book form to request a DVD.
- Books, dvd's, dissertations and theses often arrive in a few days. Pick up the item as soon as you receive the email notice because most loan periods are 21 days or fewer.
- To renew, contact the Interlibrary Loan Office at (573) 882-1101 or at email@example.com a day or two before the item is due.
- If you keep an interlibrary loan item longer than the due date, you are responsible for paying any fines or billing charges that are charged by the lending library.
- If RECALLED Interlibrary Loan (ILL)) items are not returned by the due date, you will be assessed a fine of $10.00 per day; your ILL and library privileges will be suspended; and, additionally, any charges assessed by the lending library for overdue, lost or damaged items will be passed on to you
- First check FindIt@MU to see if the article is available in the MU Libraries or in an online resource.
- Log on to ILL@MU and use the journal request form to request the article from another library.
- Articles will be placed on the web server when they arrive. You will receive an email at your MU email address with directions on how to retrieve the article.
Questions may be directed to the Interlibrary Loan Office at (573)882-1101 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org