Renew Books that I have Checked Out
- MU books may be renewed online up to two times. You will have to bring the book to the library after the second renewal at which time the staff will check in the book and check it out to you provided no one else has placed a hold on the book.
- MU, UMKC, MST, and UMSL: Books may be renewed online up to two times. The books will need to be sent back to the lending library and re-requested if you still need them.
- MOBIUS Libraries: Books may be renewed two times online only.
NOTE: Bound journals may not be renewed
- “OVERDUE” books may be renewed online
- “BILLED” books must be brought back to the Ellis Library Circulation Desk or any branch library
- Once a MOBIUS book has reached “BILLED” status, it will be sent back to the lending library. It cannot be checked in and then out again.
NOTE: Billed MOBIUS books will incur a ** $20 ** non-refundable processing fee.
To renew books online
- If the due date on the books you are renewing does not change, there may be a number of reasons.
- Ask a staff member at Ellis Circulation or a branch library to tell you why the item will not renew.
Some items may not be eligible for renewal
- Items with holds for other borrowers
- Items from other MERLIN Libraries with two renewals (either online or in-person).
- Books may not be renewed by telephone.
Please contact the Ellis Library at (573) 882-1101 (8am – 5pm) or send an email to June DeWeese firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.