Place a Hold on a Book that is Checked out
- Select the Request tab in MERLIN or the Request link in MOBIUS to place a hold on a book that is currently checked-out
- The hold will alert library staff that you want the book after the other person has finished with it.
- You will be notified by email when the book is returned. It will be held for you for one week.
- Recalling a book is a faster process than waiting for the person to finish with the book and return it. See the procedure below.
Procedure for Recalling a Book that is Checked out
- Go to the Ellis Library Circulation Desk or at any branch library circulation desk with your MU ID card.
- Have the author, title and call number of the item ready to give to staff at the Circulation Desk.
- We will recall an item if there are no available copies in any other MERLIN/MOBIUS Library.
- If there is an available copy at any other MERLIN/MOBIUS library, that copy will be requested rather than recalling one that is already checked out to a patron.
NOTE: Books that you have checked out may be recalled
- The Library reserves the right to recall all books after two weeks of use if requested by another MU borrower.
- Materials needed for reserve may be recalled at any time. Students, staff, faculty, and courtesy borrowers are charged fines for overdue recalled books at the rate of $2.00 per day.
- To avoid fines, please return recalled items by the new due date on the e-mail notice that is sent to you.