MU Libraries does not automatically purchase textbooks used in classes, however, some textbooks may be available for checkout through the library.
- Check the University Bookstore site to determine the exact title and edition of the textbook needed for a specific course. (Note: Click on the Agree button towards the bottom of this screen in order to go to the new page which allows you to choose your courses and see what textbooks are needed).
- Check MU Libraries' print reserves to see if the instructor has placed copies of the textbook in the library for use by the class.
- Search the MERLIN/MOBIUS Catalog to determine if the textbook is available for check out from MU Libraries or another college or university library in Missouri.
- Check the following health sciences textbook guides: School of Nursing, School of Health Professions and the Department of Health Management and Informatics
Requesting textbooks through interlibrary loan (ILL@MU)
- The Libraries cannot borrow current textbooks from libraries outside of Missouri
- Most libraries do NOT loan current textbooks through interlibrary loan.
The loan period for an interlibrary loan book is two weeks to one month