- MU Libraries does not automatically purchase textbooks used in classes, however, some textbooks may be available for checkout through the library.
- Check the University Bookstore to determine the exact title and edition of the textbook needed for a specific course.
- Check MU Libraries’ print reserves to see if the instructor has placed copies of the textbook in the library for use by the class.
- Search the MERLIN/MOBIUS Catalog to determine if the textbook is available for check out from MU Libraries or another college or university library in Missouri.
- Requesting textbooks through interlibrary loan (ILL@MU)
- The Libraries cannot borrow current textbooks from libraries outside of Missouri
- Most libraries do NOT loan current textbooks through interlibrary loan.
- The loan period for an interlibrary loan book is two weeks to one month
- Check the following web sites that provide free online access to textbooks: