Print Reserve FAQ
What is Print Reserve?
Reserve acts as a library within the library. Instructors place books, dvd’s, etc. on reserve to guarantee their availability to students. Materials on reserve usually check out for two hour loan periods. Loan periods for each item on Reserve are determined by the faculty member who put the item on Reserve and may vary.
How do I know if something is on Print Reserve?
How do I access materials on Print Reserve?
- Connect to the MERLIN Catalog
- Search by either the course name or the name of the instructor
What do I need to check out print reserve material?
- Reserve materials must be checked out in person at the reserve desk with your student ID.
- In Ellis Library the Reserve Desk is located on 1st Floor North , adjacent to Circulation (Ellis 1st floor).
- Branch libraries have their own reserve sections at their circulation desks.
How can faculty put material on reserve?
- You need your MU ID card to check out an item on Print Reserve.
- Fill out an online reserve list form or pick up a reserve list form, available at the Circulation Desks in Ellis Library and the branch libraries.