Compact Discs (CD)
- The library collection of music on CD is primarily classical, though there are holdings in jazz, blues, and world music as well.
- If you need a particular piece, search the MERLIN Catalog using the performer's or composer's name and the keyword "compact" (e.g. chopin and compact).
- If you need to get more specific, add the name of the piece. e.g. mozart and symphonies and compact
- If you want to browse all the CDs in the collection. Do an "Other Call Number" search and enter "record cd".
- The MU Libraries have scores to the works of the major classical composers.
- If you need a particular piece, search the MERLIN Catalog using the composer's name, the name of the work, the type of work and the word "scores" (e.g. beethoven and string trios and scores).
- To retreive more results , search by KEYWORD using the composer's name, the word "scores" and the word "works" (e.g. beethoven and works and scores). This search will retrieve large sets that contain the complete works of a composer. Once you have located the set you can determine which volume contains the score you need.
Additional tips for Locating Materials