Library Services for Graduate Students
- MERLIN/MOBIUS Catalog http://merlin.lib.umsystem.edu/search~S1/
MERLIN is a cluster within the MOBIUS system, a statewide network of academic libraries. You can request books from all participating libraries through the catalog and have them delivered to our campus. Materials usually arrive in about three days. Materials may also be requested from the MU branch libraries and remote Depositories. These materials usually arrive within 24 hours. You can check your circulation record and renew books through the catalog.
- ILL@MU (Interlibrary Loan) https://ill.mul.missouri.edu/
Photocopies and other materials that are not available through MOBIUS may be requested through ILL@MU. Materials usually arrive within two weeks.
- Electronic Resources http://mulibraries.missouri.edu/search/databases/main.asp
This page lists all the databases that are accessible from outside the library. Additional specialized databases are available in the reference area in Ellis Library.
- Electronic Journals http://finditatmu.library.missouri.edu/
The MU Libraries now provides you with easy access to thousands of full-text electronic journals, magazines and newspapers through a new resource called Findit@MU.
- Remote Access
The Catalog and most of the electronic resources are available from anywhere you have Internet access. To be recognized as an MU patron from off campus, use your Username, when prompted, or contact IATServices to purchase TigerLink or set up Virtual Private Networking. See http://library.missouri.edu/about/computers/connectoffcampus for details.
- Special Collections http://library.missouri.edu/specialcollections/
Special collections of rare materials and microforms are not completely represented in the library catalog. See the special guides provided through the Special Collections web page.
- Hours http://library.missouri.edu/about/hours.htm
- Ellis Library hours during the semester are usually:
Monday – Thursday 7:30 a.m. – 2:00 a.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Sunday 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 a.m.
- Loan Periods and Fines
Graduate students may check books out for 4 months. Recalled overdue items are subject to a fine of $2.00 per day. Note that fines for materials borrowed from other campuses may be higher.
- Reference Services
Ask a question via chat or e-mail http://mulibraries.missouri.edu/showmehow/contactus.aspx
- The Reference Desk is located on the South side of Level 1 in Ellis Library.
Research librarians are on duty during these hours:
Monday – Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sunday 12:00 noon – 11:00 p.m.
- Subject Librarians http://library.missouri.edu/about/directories/subjectspecialist
Subject librarians provide specialized research assistance, instruction in research
resources and strategies, and build the collection in consultation with the faculty.
- Library Instruction (Classes & Tours) http://library.missouri.edu/guides/classestours
The library offers a variety of tours, workshops, and specialized instruction sessions.
For materials on electronic reserve for your class use, click on http://eres.missouri.edu.
The Reserve desk is adjacent to the Circulation Desk by the North entrance of Ellis Library.
- Copy Service http://library.missouri.edu/CopyService
A full-service copy center is located next to the North entrance of Ellis Library. Services include photocopying, color copying, fax service, document retrieval service, etc. A self-correcting typewriter is also available for a small fee.
- Lockers and Carrels
You may rent a locker in the library for $20.00 a year through Copy Service. Carrels are available on a first-come first served basis to students working on their dissertations for $50.00 per semester through the Library Administration Office.
- Virtual Tour http://mulibraries.missouri.edu/guides/virtour/virtourindex.htm
A virtual tour of Ellis Library is available on the MU Libraries’ webpage. Take a guided tour or explore on your own.
Last updated: Nov 10, 2008