Ridenhour MU Libraries Student Ambassadors
Goals of the Ambassador Program
- To educate undergraduates about what the MU Libraries can do for them.
- To encourage undergraduates to come to the MU Libraries on-line and in person and seek assistance with library research.
- To obtain input from undergraduates in order to facilitate planning.
What Is Required of Ambassadors?
Ambassadors volunteer their time and will spend an average of 5-10 hours a month on the following activities:
- Visit classes and present brief talks about the libraries, give tours at Ellis Library.
- Staff a table during major campus events such as Summer Welcome and New Student Orientation.
- Serve as an advisory group to the MU Libraries Communications Committee.
- Attend monthly meetings.
- Assist with planning and participate in promotional activities such as a video contest.
- Attend alumni events such as Homecoming Open House and Library Society Dinner.
Being an MU Libraries Student Ambassador is an excellent opportunity and a fun way to gain experience and leadership skills.
MU Libraries are currently recruiting student ambassadors. If you are interested in becoming an ambassador, please complete this application.
For more information, contact Shannon Cary at email@example.com or 882-4703.