Goals of the Ambassador Program
- To educate students about what the MU Libraries can do for them.
- To encourage students to come to the MU Libraries on-line and in person and seek assistance with library research.
- To obtain input from students in order to facilitate planning.
What Is Required of Ambassadors?
Ambassadors volunteer their time and will spend an average of 5-10 hours a month on the following activities:
- Visit classes and present brief talks about the libraries, give tours at Ellis Library.
- Staff a table during major campus events such as Summer Welcome and New Student Orientation.
- Attend alumni events such as Homecoming Open House and Library Society Dinner.
- Staff tables in the MU Student Center during the semester.
- Help with social media contests and promotional activities of the libraries.
- Serve as an advisory group to the libraries on space, collections and other needs students have from the library.
Being an MU Libraries Student Ambassador is an excellent opportunity and a fun way to gain experience and leadership skills.
MU Libraries are currently recruiting student ambassadors. For more information, contact Cindy Cotner at CotnerC@missouri.edu or 882-4693.