Mission, Vision, Values and Strategies – 2015
Mission Statement – What we are all about:
In support of the teaching, research, service and economic development programs of this internationally distinguished university, the MU Libraries acquire, preserve and make accessible scholarly resources; enhance teaching and learning; facilitate discovery; and provide innovative services, to achieve a single overarching purpose: to anticipate and to serve the needs of our users.
Vision Statement – What we aspire to be:
The MU Libraries will energize, engage and inspire all of our users. We will be recognized as:
- an open and accessible learning environment, both physical and virtual;
- a preferred gateway to global information resources; and
- a secure repository for scholarship created by and for the University.
We strive to be full partners, peers, and colleagues engaged in the pursuit and discovery of knowledge. We will always put the needs of our users first; we will strive constantly to improve service; and we will assess the quality, relevancy and usability of all that we do.
Values Statement – How we conduct ourselves:
As employees of the MU Libraries, we affirm and support the core values of the University of Missouri, including respect, responsibility, discovery, and excellence. In addition, we uphold the following values:
- Access. Freedom of access to information in all forms and for all persons is our most cherished principle. We treasure the library ideals of free speech, open inquiry, accessibility, and equality – all upheld by our collections, our services, our policies, and our procedures.
- People. We value our users, regardless of their level of expertise or affiliation, as the foundation of our mission. We esteem our fellow employees, regardless of their job assignment, as our most valuable asset. We treat all people with respect and courtesy. We celebrate the diversity of our staff as one of our greatest strengths.
- Service. Our principal goal is to provide the best quality service possible, at all times, to all our users. We recognize and celebrate excellence whenever and wherever we encounter it. We work together as a team for the greater good of the Libraries and the University.
- Stewardship. We maintain our collections and facilities for future generations of scholars. We make the most efficient use of scarce resources. We plan for the challenges which will confront us in the future.
Strategic Directions – How we pursue our goals:
- Serve Our Users
- Provide critical resources and services to support teaching and research
- Develop/enhance learning environments, both physical and virtual
- Assess user needs and satisfaction
- Promote existing services fully
- Support Institutional Priorities
- Align resources to address campus research mission more effectively
- Pursue supplemental revenue streams to support sponsored research
- Develop MOspace services and enhance research and data management support
- Create new services to support student success
- Build and Maintain Partnerships
- Advocate for the value of libraries and demonstrate their centrality in all MU programs
- Increase collaboration with faculty and other constituencies
- Respond to changing scholarly communications environment
- Work cooperatively with peer academic institutions
- Increase Internal Capacities and Pursue Organizational Development
- Recruit, retain, respect, and reward quality employees
- Promote a collaborative/collegial work environment
- Assess/improve internal structures for planning, prioritizing, and taking action
- Conduct an internal communications audit, implementing recommendations where possible
Revised: December, 2014