Mission, Vision, Values and Strategies for the MU Libraries
– What we are all about
In support of the instruction, research, service and economic development programs of the University, the MU Libraries acquire, preserve and make accessible scholarly resources; provide instruction, develop innovative services and apply new information technologies to achieve a single overarching purpose: to serve the needs of our users.
– What we aspire to be
The MU Libraries will be “one library” – a single, holistic, integrated, and interdependent organization, focused on its prime mission. We will always put the needs of our users foremost; we will constantly strive to improve service; and we will continually assess the quality, relevancy and usability of all that we do.
We will be recognized by our users as:
- a preferred gateway to global information resources;
- a secure repository for scholarship created by and for the University;
- an open and accessible learning environment, both physical and virtual; and
- full partners, peers, and colleagues engaged in the discovery and pursuit of knowledge.
We will be known by our users as “A Library That Works.”
– How we conduct ourselves
As employees of the MU Libraries, we affirm and support the core values of the University of Missouri-Columbia, including respect, responsibility, discovery, and excellence. We hold the fundamental purpose of a land-grant university as a guiding principle in all that we do.
In addition, we uphold the following values:
- People. We value our users, regardless of their level of expertise or affiliation, as the foundation of our mission. We esteem our fellow employees, regardless of their job assignment, as our most valuable asset. We treat all people with respect and courtesy. We celebrate the diversity of our staff as one of our greatest strengths.
- Service. Our principal goal is to provide the best quality service possible, at all times, to all our users. We recognize and celebrate excellence whenever and wherever we encounter it. We work together as a team for the greater good of the Libraries and the University.
- Stewardship. We maintain our collections and facilities for future generations of scholars. We make the most efficient use of scarce resources. We plan for the challenges which will confront us in the future.
- Access. Freedom of access to information in all forms and for all persons is our most cherished principle. We treasure the library ideals of free speech, open inquiry, accessibility, and equality; all of which are upheld by our collections, our services, our policies, and our procedures.
– How we accomplish our goals
Serve Our Users
- Provide Critical Resources and Services
- Promote User Self-sufficiency
- Develop Learning Environments, both Physical and Virtual
- Assess User Needs and Satisfaction Continually
- Promote Existing Services Fully
Build and Maintain Partnerships
- Increase Consultation with Faculty and other Constituencies
- Demonstrate Centrality of Libraries in all MU Academic Programs
- Work Collaboratively with Peer Academic Institutions
- Respond to new Scholarly Communications Environment
Develop Internal Capacities
- Recruit, Retain, Respect, and Reward Quality Employees
- Foster Development of All Employees to Full Potential
- Enhance Library Facilities
- Pursue Supplemental Income Streams
- Tell the MU Libraries’ “story”
Pursue Organizational Development
- Promote Collaborative/Collegial Work Environment
- Develop Internal Structures for Planning, Setting Priorities, and Taking Action
- Build Trust and Develop Leadership from within
- Enhance Organizational and Reporting Relationships