Request Books from Prospector Libraries
Prospector is a unified catalog of academic, public and special libraries in Colorado and Wyoming. Through Prospector you have access to 30 million print books held in these libraries. With a single search you can identify and borrow materials from the collections and have them delivered to your local library.
- If the book you need is not held by any of the MERLIN/MOBIUS Libraries or all of the copies are checked out, you may find a copy in Prospector. Please select the button at the top right of the page (below the MOBIUS logo) to re-create your search.
If a copy is available in a Prospector Library:
- Choose and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Select your institution: Submit above information.
- Type in your name and your EMPL ID (not your pawprint). Find your EMPL ID.
- Choose a PICK-UP location.
- If you are a distance learning student in the state of Missouri, a faculty or staff member working at an extension site, or away from your home library for an extended period, choose the nearest MOBIUS Library on the pull down menu as the PICKUP LOCATION. The books you request will be sent to that library. If you are out of state, you may request the item through our ILL@MU service.
- A note will be sent to your MU e-mail account when the item is ready to be picked up.
- Pick them up as soon as they arrive.
- Most books requested from Prospector arrive in 10-14 days and can only be held for 7 days before they must be sent back. They check out for two weeks and may be renewed twice online.
- NOTE: For Prospector items, there will be a non-waivable $20.00 fee if an unreturned item goes to billed status.
- Journal articles and some other items held by Prospector Libraries may not be requested online from the catalog.
- Please go to the ILL@MU (Interlibrary loan logon page) to request journal articles and other items if your request was denied in either MERLIN, MOBIUS and Prospector.