Borrowing Services for Graduate / Professional Students
|Material Type||Loan Period||Renewals||# of Items|
|MU Books||4 month||2||
500 – combined total check outs
|UM Books (MST, UMKC, UMSL)||4 month||2|
|MU Print Journals||2 week||1|
|UMLD Journals (MU, MST)||2 week||1|
|Government Documents||30 day||2|
|DVDs in Ellis Library||10 days||0|
|DVDS in other campus libraries||varies||0|
|MOBIUS Books||4 week||3||20 – combined total of MOBIUS book check outs and hold/requests on MOBIUS books|
|Prospector Books||3 week||1|
|Interlibrary Loan||2 week, but varies by lending institution||
Contact Interlibrary Loan prior to due date
Recalling a Book that is Checked Out
- Go to the Ellis Library Circulation Desk or at any branch library circulation desk with your MU ID card.
- Requests for recall must be made in person. No requests by email or phone are accepted.
- You cannot recall an item online through the MOBIUS catalog.
- Have the author, title and call number of the item ready to give to staff at the Circulation Desk.
- We will recall an item if there are no available copies in any other MOBIUS Library.
- If there is an available copy at any other MOBIUS library, that copy will be requested rather than recalling one that is already checked out to a patron.
Graduate Students: Research on the Road
MU faculty, students and staff who are in good standing (no billed books or unpaid fines or blocks on their circulation record) may go to any other MOBIUS library and present their MU ID card and borrow books held in those libraries, if they are “Available” in the MOBIUS catalog.
The education roaming (eduroam) service allows users (such as researchers, students, faculty and staff) from our University and other participating institutions to securely access the Internet from any eduroam-enabled institution.
The GWLA Reciprocal Circulation Agreement is a program for faculty, staff and students of participating GWLA institutions to borrow library materials on site while visiting other, cooperating, member libraries.
International Student & Scholar Services have provided a form letter approved by the Libraries. Departments must use this form letter when requesting privileges for the scholar.