Dissertations & Theses
Find MU Dissertations & ThesesCurrent Research @ MU
- Access full-text online dissertations written at MU 1995-present
- Log in with MU user name and password
- Scroll down and limit your results to UM Books
- Search by author or title
- Most print MU dissertations are housed off-campus. Use the Place Request feature to order.
- Allows you to search and browse electronic theses and dissertations submitted by MU graduate students.
- Full text of theses and dissertations approved for release are available through this archive (2004-date), as well as public abstracts submitted on paper.
- May contain more recent dissertations than Current Research@MU
Borrow a Dissertation
If you live outside of Columbia, follow these directions to have the items mailed to you:
- Logon to ILL@MU and fill out the ”Thesis/Dissertation Request” form.
- If the dissertation/thesis is available for loan:
- It will be requested for your use as any other Interlibrary Loan item
- If the dissertation is “in use” or “not on the shelf”
- You will be notified and your request will be cancelled
- You will be asked to resubmit a second request on a future date
- If the dissertation is not available for loan
- ILL@MU will purchase a single use PDF version of the dissertation/thesisfrom ProQuest, if available
- We are unable to purchase every dissertation that is not available for loan due to budget constraints.
- In the Notes field of the ILL Request form, enter MU Distance Learning Student to indicate the item is to be mailed to you. Include your address to expedite the processing of the request.
MU Distance Learning Student YOUR ADDRESS: 110 Abbey Lane St. Louis, MO 63123
Find Dissertations & Theses from other InstitutionsProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global
- Restricted to faculty, students, and staff at The University of Missouri Comprehensive curated collection of multi-disciplinary dissertations and theses from around the world, offering over 5 million citations and 3 million full-text works from thousands of universities.
- Access provided by the University of Missouri Graduate School
- Searches over 8 million dissertations and theses
- Searches dissertations and theses across disciplines
- Free basic searching of the ProQuest Dissertations & Theses database
- Many universities are now making theses and dissertations freely available through their digital repositories, similar to MU’s MOspace. If you know of a non-MU dissertation or thesis and want to find the full-text, search Google Scholar.
- For best results, put quotation marks around the title.
- Search engine for electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs), whether they are open access or not
- Enter search terms and select Dissertation/Thesis as Content Type.
- DART-Europe E-theses portal
Contact a subject librarian for further assistance with searching for dissertations in your discipline.