Librarian III, Head Teaching & Learning | Web Administrator
Research, Access & Information Services (RAIS)
- PhD, Information Science, Illinois
- MLIS, Illinois
- BA, Psychology
- 152 Ellis Library
- (573) 882-3342
I am Head of the Teaching & Learning Department, and Web Development Administrator at the University of Missouri Libraries. I lead the libraries’ effort to ensure that distributed students of the university and online users of the library have high-quality access to library instruction and services. I work collaboratively with librarians, instructors and other units on campus to ensure students succeed in their academic endeavor by having access to library resources, learning modules, tutorials and videos within their courses or as independent learners. I also work to provide students resources for digital media and creative projects.
Recent Publications and Presentations
- Khanal, N. & Whithaus, R. (2020). Instructors, Educational Technologists and Librarians: Collaborations towards Curbing Academic Plagiarism. In R. Michalak & M. Rysavy, (Eds.), Academic Plagiarism: Librarians’ Solo and Collaborative Efforts to Curb Academic Plagiarism (pp. 129-148). Nova Science Publishers, Inc. NY.
- Moeller, K. N., Khanal, N., & Perry, T. (2017). “There’s a Module for That:” Developing Information Literacy Modules at MU Libraries. In Frank Baudino, Kathy Hart, and Carolyn Johnson (Ed.) (Vol. 17, pp. 25-36). Presented at the Brick & Click Annual Conference, Maryville, MO.
- Khanal, N. (2014). E-Learning and Libraries: Bringing the Pieces Together. Proceedings of the 30th Annual Conference on Distance Teaching and Learning (pp. 417-421), Madison, WI. Available online at http://www.uwex.edu/disted/conference/Proceedings_2014.pdf
- Khanal, N. & Bradley V. “Unintended user feedback from a library scavenger hunt activity.” Missouri Library Association, October 2, 2019, Columbia, MO.
- Khanal, N. “A Strong Case for Libraries in Student Success.” Missouri Library Association, October 11, 2018, Columbia, MO. [Conference Poster]
- Khanal, N., Baker, A & Graves, R. “Stronger Together: Connecting with students (and others) through MU Connect.” Missouri Library Association, October 11, 2018, Columbia, MO. [Conference Poster]
- Khanal, N., Bauer, A. & Martin, D. “Digital Media Commons Lite: Establishing a Student Digital Media Commons and Lab on a Slim Budget.” MOBIUS Conference, June 5, 2018, Independence, MO.
- Khanal, N. Bauer, A. & Pierce, J. “A Strong Case for Libraries in Student Success.” Celebration of Teaching, May 20, 2017, Columbia, Missouri. [Conference Poster]
- Khanal, N., Moeller, K., Perry, T. “There’s a Module For That: Developing Information Literacy Modules at MU Libraries.” Brick & Click Conference, November 03, 2017, Maryville, MO.
- Khanal, N., Martin, D. & Salings, H. “Establishing a Digital Media Commons (on a shoestring budget).” Library Spaces for All Ages. Amigos Online Conference, February 16, 2017, Online. (https://www.amigos.org/libraryspaces)
- Khanal, N. & Kammer, J. “Assessing Student Learning Outcomes From The Micro To The Macro.” Assessment at a Distance: In Theory and Practice. ACRL Distance Learning Section Virtual Event, February 23, 2016, Online. (recording: https://youtu.be/6dsWmWykqwo)
- Khanal, N., “E-Learning and Libraries: Bringing the Pieces Together.” Annual Conference on Distance Teaching and Learning, August 13, 2014, Madison, WI.
- American Library Association
- Missouri Library Association
- Medical Library Association