Librarian IV, Head, Zalk Veterinary Medical Library | Interim Assistant University Librarian for Science Libraries
- M.A. Library and Information Studies, University of Wisconsin-Madison (2000)
- M.A. English, University of Wisconsin-Madison (1994)
- B.A. English, Colorado College (1992)
Kate Anderson, Head of the Zalk Veterinary Medical Library and interim Assistant University Librarian for Science Libraries, has been at the University of Missouri since 2005. At Mizzou and previously at the University of Wisconsin, she has worked in a number of academic libraries – education, pharmacy, engineering, health sciences, veterinary—a variety that has spurred a deep interest in interdisciplinary collaboration and communication. She earned her bachelor’s degree at Colorado College and her graduate degrees at the University of Wisconsin (MA in English; MA in Library and Information Studies).
Recent Publications and Presentations
- Reeves LA, Anderson KM, Luther JK, Torres BT. Treatment of idiopathic chylothorax in dogs and cats: a systematic review. Veterinary Surgery. 2020;49(1):70-79. Epub 2019 Sep 11. doi: 10.1111/vsu.13322. PMID: 31508821.
- O’Connor AM, Anderson KM, Goodell CK, Sargeant JM. Conducting systematic reviews of intervention questions I: Writing the review protocol, formulating the question and searching the literature. Zoonoses and Public Health 2014;61 Suppl 1:28-38 doi: 10.1111/zph.12125. PMID: 24905994.
- Alpi KM, Burnett HA, Bryant SJ, Anderson KM. Connecting knowledge resources to the veterinary electronic health record: opportunities for learning at the point of care. Journal of Veterinary Medical Education 2011;38(2):110-22. doi: 10.3138/jvme.38.2.110. PMID: 22023919.
- Budd JM, Coble ZC, Anderson KM. Retracted publications in biomedicine: cause for concern. Association of College & Research Libraries National Conference Proceedings 2011;390-95.
- Ugaz AG, Boyd CT, Croft VF, Carrigan EE, Anderson KM. Basic list of veterinary medical serials, third edition: using a decision matrix to update the core list of veterinary journals. Journal of the Medical Library Association 2010 Oct;98(4):282-92. PubMed PMID:20936066; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC2947140.
- Jacobs ZD, Guajardo JR, Anderson KM. XLA-associated neutropenia treatment: a case report and review of the literature. Journal of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology 2008; 30(8):631-634. PubMed PMID: 18799945.
Recent Conference Presentations
- Anderson K, Kiscaden E, Strayhorn N, Traditi L. Early career panel. Joint MCMLA/MWMLA Virtual Meeting 14 Oct 2020. Invited Panelist.
- Reeves L, Torres B, Anderson K, Luther J. Idiopathic chylothorax: a systematic review. ACVS Surgery Summit, Residents’ Forum (Las Vegas, NV) 17 October 2019.
- Reeves L, Torres B, Anderson K, Luther J. Treatment of idiopathic chylothorax in dogs and cats: a systematic review. 42nd Annual CVM Research Day (Columbia, MO) 10 May 2019.
- Grey G, Anderson K. Innovate with information: entrepreneurship resources in UM Libraries. Entrepreneurial Educators Summit (Columbia, MO) 5 April 2018. Invited Speaker.
- Anderson K, Gutzman KE. The evolving role of the library in institutional and faculty assessment: a discussion of research metrics. Technology Showcase presentation at the Medical Library Association Annual Meeting (Seattle, WA) 30 May 2017. Invited Speaker.
- Medical Library Association
- Animal and Veterinary Information Specialists Caucus of the Medical Library Association
- Midcontinental Chapter of the Medical Library Association
- Evidence-based Veterinary Medicine Association
- Wendt Engineering Library, University of Wisconsin – Madison
- Health Sciences Library: Pharmacy Library, University of Wisconsin – Madison
- Center for Instructional Materials and Computing, University of Wisconsin – Madison