Librarian III, Engineering and Agriculture Librarian and Head, Engineering Library & Technology Commons | Science Libraries
Health Sciences and Specialized Libraries (HSL)
- Master of Library Science, University of Missouri-Columbia
- Master of Arts, English, University of Missouri-Columbia
- Bachelor of Arts, English with honors, University of Missouri-Columbia
Broadly speaking, I’m a librarian educator with subject specialties in the applied arts and sciences. If you are a student, instructor or researcher in an area of study housed in the College of Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources or the College of Engineering, please make an appointment to find out how I can help you in your educational or career journey.
- 4-H Circulars Digitization Project. FY 2015. Project Ceres Cooperative Preservation and Digitization Stipend Program: $1,500 award. This was a competitive stipend awarded on the basis of my application to digitize the early and middle parts of Ellis Library’s collection of MU 4-H circulars, which began publication at the beginning of the twentieth century. This collection, available at https://mospace.umsystem.edu/xmlui/handle/10355/49330, is of historic value and is unique to the state and the university.
Publications and Presentations
- Kopriva, Noël. (2019, November.) “The library is home for a lot of us engineers:” How engineering majors experience library space. Lightning talk at Brick & Click 2019. Northwest Missouri State University, Maryville, MO.
- Kopriva, Noël. (2019, October.) Explaining and exploring our value. Conference presentation. Missouri Library Association. Kansas City, MO.
- Kopriva, Noël. (2018, May). Heritage Crop Restoration, Heirloom Grains in the Pacific Northwest, Presentation by Dr. Richard Scheuerman. Moderator. USAIN, Biennial Conference, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington, May 16, 2018.
- Kopriva, Noël. (2017, March).There’s an AgNIC for That. Presentation. AgNIC Annual Meeting. National Agricultural Library.
- Kopriva, Noël and Felicity Dykas. (2017, March). Bringing a Piece of 4H History into the Twenty-First Century: Creating a 4H Circulars Digital Collection at a Land-Grant Library. Poster Presentation. ACRL Conference, Baltimore, MD.
- Livia Olsen, Julie Kelly, and Noël Kopriva. (2017). The Agriculture Network Information Collaborative (AgNIC): Building on the past, looking to the future. Library Trends 65 (3), 279-292.
- Agriculture Network Information Cooperative
- American Library Association
- Association of College Research Libraries
- Missouri Library Association
- United States Agriculture Information Network
- Agriculture Librarian, Evansdale Library, West Virginia University
- Agricultural Sciences
- Biochemical, Biological, & Biomedical Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
- Food Science
- Hospitality Management
- Industrial & Manufacturing Systems
- Information Technology
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Natural Resource Science & Management
- Parks, Recreation, & Sport
- Plant Sciences
- Textile & Apparel Management