To support United Way, we are going to have a bake off (really, it’s a bake sale) on Nov. 8-12. Please participate by bringing in your best baked goods or purchasing the yummy treats! We are going to have two new additions to this year’s bake off.
• Friday is for non-bakers. Maybe you pickle things or make dried fruit. Feel free to show off your talents by bringing in your goodies!
• We are also going to have a bake for later option. You can sell your famous pie, cake or other baked good (to be baked in the FUTURE). Staff will be able to buy bake sale items, each of which will be prepared at a later time agreed to by the baker (you!) and the buyer.
All the proceeds will support United Way’s fight against poverty in Boone County.
To make it more fun and more like the Great British Bake Off, each day of the bake sale will have a theme!
• Monday: Cakes and Pies
• Tuesday: Cookies and Brownies
• Wednesday: Muffins and Scones
• Thursday: Free for All
• Friday: Savory Treats or Other Non-baked Goods!
I will send out more details soon!
If you would like to give to United Way right now, go to https://unitedway.missouri.edu.