Digitization Advisory Committee
The MU Libraries Digitization Advisory Committee was formed in 2013. For information on its predecessor, see Committee on Digitization Initiatives.
Committee Charge – (June, 2013)
The Digitization Advisory Committee has responsibility for:
- Advising the Digital Services Department on prioritizing, coordinating, and planning local digitization projects;
- ensuring that metadata and preservation considerations are addressed as part of the collection development process;
- coordinating with the MERLIN Digital Projects Committee;
- the formulation of policies and best practices in digitization in the MU Libraries;
- acting as an advisory body to the Library Management Team regarding the role of the library in digitization-related activities and services, needed resources and infrastructure in support of digitization activities, and participation in collaborative projects with other institutions;
- facilitating collaborative efforts for digitization projects and services in the MU Libraries, the University of Missouri (Columbia), and with extra-mural partners.
The Committee will also, in cooperation with the Office of Sponsored Programs Administration, participate in identifying granting agencies that support the development of digital collections and cooperate in drafting grant proposals to those agencies.
The Committee will be appointed by the Director of the Libraries and include representation from Special Collections, Archives and Rare Books (SCARaB), Acquisitions/Collection Development, the Head of the Catalog Department, the Digital Humanities Coordinator and two to four other librarians or staff. One of the two to four other librarians or staff should be part of the Research & Information Services Division and one should be from the Health Sciences Libraries. Ex-officio members will include the Associate Director for SCARaB, the Associate Director for Access, Collections and Technical Services, and the Head of Library Technology Services.
Terms for the rotating members of the Digitization Advisory Committee will be two years and will be staggered to ensure committee continuity. Terms may be renewed by the Director of the Libraries. The Director of the Libraries will entertain nominations and self-nominations for the rotating member positions as part of the annual committee staffing process.
|Anne Barker||Humanities Librarianfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dorothy Carner||Head of Journalism Librariesemail@example.com|
|Marie Concannon||Government Documents Coordinatorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Felicity Dykas||Head of Digital Services Departmentemail@example.com|
|Michael Holland||Director of SCARaBfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Anselm Huelsbergen||Technical Services Archivistemail@example.com|
|Amy Lana||Head of Monographic Acquisitions Unitfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Edward McCain||Digital Curator of Journalismemail@example.com|
|Ann Riley||Associate Director for Access, Collections, and Technical Servicesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ernest Shaw||Head of Library Technology Servicesemail@example.com|
|Shelley Worden||Collection Management Librarian, Health Sciencesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
MU Libraries' Administrative Offices
104 Ellis Library
Phone: (573) 882-4701
FAX: (573) 882-8044
Created: 16 April 2013
Last updated: 16 April 2013