How to Apply for a Student Assistant Position
Thank you for expressing an interest in working for MU Libraries.
- MU Libraries are always accepting applications.
- Application Form.
- You may attach a resume or any other information to the completed application, but it is not required.
- Throughout MU Libraries we have 20 different departments that hire students from our application files. The departments are located in Ellis Library and at our branches. (Our branch libraries are Health Sciences/Veterinary Medicine, Journalism, Engineering, Geology, Math, University Archives and the Columbia Missourian Library.)
- When a Library department’s supervisor needs to hire a student, they can either:
- Refer to the applications and contact students directly.
- Or they can ask Library Administration to send out an advertisement to all the applicants via e-mail.
- Each department uses different criteria for hiring such as experience or simply time available. MU Libraries Administration does not make the hiring decisions but we can assist you with any questions you have about the process. We may be contacted at: 882-4701.
- To remain in the most current application file you need to update your schedule each semester. You may also update personal information throughout the semester on your Application Form