The highlights of this document include:
- MU Libraries cannot offer an appraisal of your donation; all appraisals must be completed before your donation reaches the Libraries
- Brittle or moldy books should not be donated
- Issues of academic journals are rarely added to the collection. Popular magazines (such as Time or Newsweek) are not kept
- MU Libraries, except in rare circumstances, cannot pick up donations
- MU Libraries does not track whether all or part of a donation is kept for the collection
- Donations not added to the collection cannot be returned to the donor
It is strongly suggested that you set up an appointment to bring your donation to the Libraries, especially if you wish to donate more than 50 items. To make the appointment, or if you have any questions about donating books to MU Libraries, please contact Amy Lana at 573-882-4757.
If you would like an acknowledgement sent to you for items donated to the Libraries, you will be asked to fill out and sign an Incoming Gifts form (pdf available). You may either bring this form with you or fill it out when you make the donation.
If you are interested in making a financial donation to the MU Libraries, or participating in the Adopt-A-Book or Honor for Books programs, please see the Giving to the Libraries page.